CSC offers comprehensive adoption services to individuals interested in adopting children domestically. CSC’s adoption team will walk hand-in-hand with the family through the adoption process and continue this support for as long as the family needs it. We are a family focused agency who recognizes the unique and complex issues related to adoption and cross culture families. It is our deepest desire to provide as much support as needed to ensure successful adoptions.
- Wendy’s Wonderful Kids/Child Specific Recruitment
- Comprehensive Pre and Post adoption services
- Child matching
- Home Study/Family Profile
- Adoption education
- Obtaining medical records and information of children waiting for adoption
- Provide extensive supportive services following placement and adoption
- All SWAN services
- Private Foster Care
Requirements for Adoptive Families:
- SWAN Application » Can be found here
- Autobiography of parents
- PA Criminal History Clearance (for anyone 14 or older in home)
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (for anyone 14 or older in home)
- FBI Clearance (for anyone 18 or older in home)
- Medical Clearance
- First Aid/CPR Training
- Well Water Test
- Record of Pet Vaccinations
- Last three years of Federal Tax Return (top page of 1040)
- Recent pay stubs
- Copy of driver’s license, home and vehicle insurance, vehicle registration
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Certificate
- 24 Hours Adoption Training
Wendy’s Wonderful Kids
WWK is a program of the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. CCS receives an annual grant from WWK to pay for a recruiter focused exclusively on placing foster care children in loving, adoptive families. WWK is the first nationwide program that partners a major corporation with a national foundation and local communitites to place foster care children in permanent homes. The goal of WWK is to move children out of foster care and into permanent homes. To see some of the children available for adoption, visit www.adoptpakids.org. Direct contact: Amanda Sevison, firstname.lastname@example.org
To build a lifetime family support network for youth in foster care, CSC is now offering Family Finding Services in collaboration with Luzerne County Children...
In partnership with the Luzerne County Offices of Juvenile Probation and Children and Youth Services, the Children’s Service Center is offering a Youth Skills Development...
Parent Child Interaction Therapy
Parent Child Interaction Therapy is an evidence-based treatment that has demonstrated clinical improvements in the behavior of pre-school-aged children. See the following video to learn more about PCIT and the Children’s Service Center. For inquiries or to make an appointment for your child call 570-825-6425.