Outpatient Mental Health Clinic
The Outpatient Mental Health Clinic provides services that include diagnostic bio-psycho social assessments, individual, group and family therapy, substance abuse screenings, trauma exposure screenings, domestic violence screenings, psychiatric evaluations, psychological evaluations, medication assessments and medication monitoring. Our well-trained treatment staff uses a variety of modalities and techniques to address the needs of each client and their family. Length of treatment varies for each client. Requirements for treatment eligibility and continued stay are a DSM-IV diagnosis and medical necessity for this level of care. Pennsylvania’s Child and Adolescent Service System Program (CASSP) principles are the philosophical foundation for this and all levels of care at Children’s Service Center.
The Outpatient Mental Health Clinic serves children and adolescents who might have difficulty functioning in their community, home, or school. We accept referrals from multiple sources, such as physicians, schools, family and social service agencies.
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Psychological evaluations
- Medication assessments
- Substance abuse screening
- Trauma exposure screening
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family psycho-educational groups
- Parenting psycho-educational groups
- Family therapy
- Medication monitoring
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
Our Treatment Team: Individualized treatment plans are developed for each client by an interdisciplinary treatment team that includes, but is not limited to:
- Client and family
- Psychiatrists and Psychologists
- Mental Health Professionals
- 335 South Franklin Street, Wilkes-Barre, Pa. 18702, Phone number: (570) 825-6425
- 133 West Tioga Street, Tunkhannock, Pa. 18657, Phone number: (570) 836-2722
- The Robinson Counseling Center, 334 South Franklin Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702, Phone number: (570) 301-0935
Hours of Operation: Day and evening hours are available. Please call for an appointment.
Denise Namowicz – Outpatient Director
Phone: 570-825-6425 x758
Parent Child Interaction Therapy
Parent Child Interaction Therapy is an evidence-based treatment that has demonstrated clinical improvements in the behavior of pre-school-aged children. See the following video to learn more about PCIT and the Children’s Service Center. For inquiries or to make an appointment for your child call 570-825-6425.